Re: [LAU] Other Uses for Guitar Amplifer Preamp Stage

From: porl sheean <porl42@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 18:27:03 EEST

according to the schematics, a 4mV 1khz sine wave entering the input
will give a 66mV output at the preamp out socket. i know my guitars
put out a higher voltage than that (i have one that can put out over
2V peaks!) but the preamp output voltage wouldn't increase linearly
with that i shouldn't think. i would be very surprised if the output
voltage was anything to worry about, as i think the opamp before the
plug is designed to drop the voltages down. say what you like about
fender, that opamp isn't anything special, so i doubt it would handle
much more than your soundcard's line input.

i'm pretty sure i have hooked my (now in pieces) one in that way once.
like i said in the previous email, it isn't going to replace a 'clean'
mic pre, but it should give interesting sounds... wondering now what
the 'more drive' settings would have sounded like with my valve mic :)
hehe

of course usual disclaimers apply :)

porl