[LAU] edirol fa-66 not found

From: Roman Muñoz Roncal <intxixu@email-addr-hidden-elkartea.org>
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 18:48:36 EEST

Hi,

I'm trying to get an edirol fa-66 working on debian (etch & lenny). It
seems that I have a working jackd + freebob setup, but the card is never
found;

> 17:13:26.526 /usr/local/bin/jackd -v -R -P70 -dfreebob -r44100 -p1024 -n3 -i0 -o0
> 17:13:26.528 JACK was started with PID=8625 (0x21b1).
> getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_oss.so
> getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_alsa.so
> getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_dummy.so
> getting driver descriptor from /usr/local/lib/jack/jack_freebob.so
> jackd 0.109.2
> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> server `default' registered
> registered builtin port type 32 bit float mono audio
> registered builtin port type 8 bit raw midi
> clock source = system clock via clock_gettime
> Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
> new client: freebob_pcm, id = 1 type 1 @ 0x806fe98 fd = -1
> new buffer size 1024
> LibFreeBoB MSG: FreeBoB Streaming Device Init
> LibFreeBoB MSG: > LibFreeBoB MSG: Device information:
> LibFreeBoB MSG: Device options:
> LibFreeBoB MSG: Port : 0
> LibFreeBoB MSG: Device Node Id : -1
> LibFreeBoB MSG: Samplerate : 44100
> LibFreeBoB MSG: Period Size : 1024
> LibFreeBoB MSG: Nb Buffers : 3
> LibFreeBoB MSG: Directions : 0
> Root node has no children!
> Root node has no children!
> FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
> cannot load driver module freebob

When started from terminal with the card attached, gscanbus does no
start, instead it gets a black window while the console spits lots of
IEEE1394 resource temporarily unavailable. Just turning off the card is
enough to get rid of errors and gscanbus finally works ... To show an
empty firewire ohci device :(

Tried it on three different systems, with kernels
2.6.21/2.6.23/2.6.24.2. Debian Etch / Lenny. Same problem again and again

Any ideas?

TIA,
Roman