Re: [LAU] OT: linux phone?

From: Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 11:01:27 EEST

My statement was misunderstood. I merely advised on the development
situation and usability status, all documented at their site. I was actually
rooting for this FIC offering ever since the first digital proto image
showed up and I was scouring for a Linux-based cell. Just like how I'm
waiting for KDE 4 to stabilise, I'm still waiting for this to come into the
market for mass sales.

I don't know if the current status is any better than what I read about a
few days ago, but it wasn't convincing for me to spend roughly 350USD -
450USD on when a mail arrived for a mass order. In the end, I've gotten
myself a HTC as the "Linux" phones like the Motorola E6 was a disappointment
for the short while I got my hands on them. I may not be purchasing this
now, but when it does become an option, I will (: