[LAU] Freecycle -- how to get this working on Ubuntu/Debian

From: J M Needham <J.M.Needham@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 16:22:48 EEST

Hi,

Any ideas how to get Freecycle working with Ubuntu or Debian? Built from
repos; I can't get any sound. I've seen an unresolved post where someone
got no sound with Jack, and Freecycle is reported to not work with
the latest version of Alsa, (I tried it with Jack 0.109 without success
-- didn't show up in Jack). The display works fine; functionally it seems
ok apart from jack-all sound.

Would really love to use this as it seems to have some great features not
available elsewhere, and wot I need.

God Bless
Jonty