[LAU] Howto move devices to specific IRQ's ?

From: Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen <sv-e@email-addr-hidden-e.dk>
Date: Wed Jun 11 2008 - 12:52:24 EEST

Hi

I'm into shapeing up my system to work better. I have installed a Debian
lenny and migrated 64Studio multimedia packets on to it, and use
64studio's kernel 2.6.21-1-multimedia-486, then installed irqbalance and
try to find the best setup for my RME Hammerfall Multiface card.

I use a lenove T61 laptop and my problem is that the PCMCIA card share
IRQ with some usb device on IRQ 16:

debian:~$ cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0 CPU1
 16: 5328 20016 IO-APIC-fasteoi uhci_hcd:usb4, yenta,hdsp

I want to move my hdsp to another IRQ, but can't figure out howto, it is
a matter of firmware version on my Multiface card ? I can't move the
PCMCIA card since there is only one available slot....

/Sv-e