Re: [LAU] E-MU 1616 Cardbus AudioInterface

From: Ctirad Fertr <phanatic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 11 2008 - 15:47:16 EEST

Dne Wednesday 11 of June 2008 13:50:47 Susanne Schneider napsal(a):

Hi.

> does anybody already use this interface and can recommend it?

I do. E-mu cards are excellent value for the money. Very good converters and
overal design. I use it with my desktop via PCI2Cardbus adapter and also with
my T23 notebook.

Unfortunatelly, the linux driver is still incomplete and the author (who only
has a specifications under NDA) is not very responsive :(

What works (alsa 1.0.16):
* 44100/48000Hz sample rates
* up to 16 channles of 24bit capture
* up to 8 channles of 16bit playback
* internal signal routing via alsa mixer
* output attenuation PADs
* ADAT and S/PDIF I/O in both master and slave mode

What does not work (yet):
* 24bit playback
* more than 8 channel playback
* MIDI I/O on 1616(M) (it may work on onher cards as 1212M or 1820M, though)
* input attentuation PADs (1616(M) only)
* soft limiters
* higher sample rates than 48kHz

Regards,

Ctirad