Re: [LAU] Audio editor for editing a 90-minute-long file?

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 11 2008 - 23:59:20 EEST

On 11 June 2008 at 13:56, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Can someone recommend an audio editor for editing a
> 90-minute-long WAV file?

I routinely use Audacity to edit 16-bit stereo WAV files around that
length. I never have any problems with the program.

> I almost always use Rezound for songs (2-10 minutes long,
> ususally), which I like a lot, but it chokes on big huge
> files-- too slow, crashes, gets kicked out of the JACK graph,
> and generally sucks.

JACK? Is that a requirement? I've lost track of the Audacity/JACK
compatibility issue. I have multiple soundcards and run JACK on only
one of them. That leaves me free to edit files with Audacity
accessing another card.

G'luck....

--
Kevin