Re: [LAU] Hardware: elektr piano / keyboard

From: Bert Visser <bourdon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 26 2008 - 16:54:27 EEST

Hello Dirk,
> So I think this one is more usefull for me:
> http://www.thomann.de/nl/yamaha_np30_b.htm

I've got this one and i like it. It has good enough sounds for simple
things like accompanying a choir in a small chapel or home and the touch
is reasonble especially for that kind of money.
> Then this one http://www.thomann.de/nl/yamaha_psre313.htm
>
> for example...

These keyboards are pretty usuable but the touch responsitivity is much
less than with piano's and you pay a lot of money for many sounds and
styles you probably don't need and will never use. If you want good
pianosound and -feel I wouldn't choose this one, but of course that's
just my opinion.
> Can I connect all the elektr. pianos and keyboards to a computer (maudio
> audiophile 24/96 and maudio dmp3) and work with MIDI?

If your keyboard or piano has USB midi it's very easy to connect
multiple instruments. If they use the (older) midi Din plugs (like the
Yamaha NP 30) you may need something like a M-Audio Midisport.
The M-Audio Dmp3 goes into your audio interface so this one has nothing
to do with midiports.

Regards,
Bert