Re: [LAU] Hardware: elektr piano / keyboard

From: schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 26 2008 - 17:23:41 EEST

Bert Visser wrote:
> Hello Dirk,
>
>> So I think this one is more usefull for me:
>> http://www.thomann.de/nl/yamaha_np30_b.htm
>>

> I've got this one and i like it. It has good enough sounds for simple
> things like accompanying a choir in a small chapel or home and the touch
> is reasonble especially for that kind of money.
>
>> Then this one http://www.thomann.de/nl/yamaha_psre313.htm
>>
>> for example...
>>

> These keyboards are pretty usuable but the touch responsitivity is much
> less than with piano's and you pay a lot of money for many sounds and
> styles you probably don't need and will never use. If you want good
> pianosound and -feel I wouldn't choose this one, but of course that's
> just my opinion.
>
>> Can I connect all the elektr. pianos and keyboards to a computer (maudio
>> audiophile 24/96 and maudio dmp3) and work with MIDI?
>>

> If your keyboard or piano has USB midi it's very easy to connect
> multiple instruments. If they use the (older) midi Din plugs (like the
> Yamaha NP 30) you may need something like a M-Audio Midisport.
> The M-Audio Dmp3 goes into your audio interface so this one has nothing
> to do with midiports.

Thanks for the information!
I have a maudio audiophile 24/96 isn't that enough to connect (multiple)
instruments?

About the sounds, what are sounds which are used a lot in 'light' music?
I know and like the hammond organ sounds and the Rhodes sounds.....

Is there a piano / keyboard which can make those sounds too?

And how does software sounds on linux (inclusive commercial) compare to
sounds (modules) of keyboards?
Can you compare the rhodes soundfont with such a sound made with a (not
to expensive) keyboard?