Re: [LAU] iso image from toc?

From: pete shorthose <zenadsl6252@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 10:34:39 EEST

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 20:00:46 -0400
plutek-infinity <plutek@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> greetings!
>
> starting with a wav and a corresponding toc, from which i would normally burn a master audio cd, is it possible to generate an iso image of the audio cd, so a user on some other operating system can simply burn the iso to a disc, and end up with a clone of my audio cd, including all cd-text and pq coding? i've been searching, but it's not looking very clear how to do it, or in fact whether it CAN be done.

probably a sematic issue but an iso (iso 9660) is a data cd filesystem standard and audio cds have no filesystem.
if you mean some sort of raw disk image (and many people do mean this when they refer to an iso)
then you're best bet may be cdrdao which ships with one of the most popular windows ripper (EAC) and
is widely available on linux at least.

you would probably want to master your cd then rip it to toc/bin.
cdrdao has numerous options for read modes and cdtext extraction etc.
there are linux tools to convert between cue and toc too, but they are not
comprehensive iirc.
windows users will probably prefer a cue/bin (CDRwin/EAC etc) though.

i'm not aware of any single file image (no separate toc) and certainly not
one that is widely supported on multiple platforms but i tend to stay in my
own corner of linuxland so that's not saying much.

an alternative would be to distribute the wave files or monolithic wave
with a toc/cue. most burning softs can handle that kind of thing and the cdtext could
be included via the toc.

cheers,
pete.