Re: [LAU] pretty much frustrated about those rt-kernels!

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 18:50:53 EEST

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 3:46 PM, schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
>> 2008/7/6 schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden>:
>>
>>> I keep having these errors:
>>> when start booting:
>>>
>>> resume: libgcrypt version: 1.4.1
>>> resume: couldn't not stat the resume device file '/dev/hda3'
>>> fsck.ext3 superblok could not write or read (hda3/ hda2...)
>>>

>> have you compiled the filesystem into the kernel (not as module)?
>> with
>> make menuconfig
>> it is somewhere in
>> ..../filesystems/ext2 and ext3
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I have/had Ext3 journalling file system support (EXT3_FS) as module...

So if I'm understanding this correctly, and likely I'm not, then you
get through grub and then the kernel fails to understand your hard
drive. If you are using ext2/ext3 drive formatting then why are you
building ext3 support as a module? It's not large and is useful or
even needed during boot. I think you should consider building ext2/3
support into the kernel.

I've never seen the libgcrypt messages myself. Did you use some sort
of encrypted file system? Or is this because you're including some
encryption support in the kernel?

- Mark