Re: [LAU] Problems with capture on an Audigy 2 ZS Notebook....

From: Michal Seta <mis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 21:13:02 EEST

Hi,

I was having the same problem the other day. In fact, when I first
acquired this audio interface there was no support for capture. It
was introduced a little later in the alsa drivers (I can't recall but
it was possibly around alsa version 1.0.15rc9 IIRC or something like
that). It worked fine for a while.

Recently, I tried the card again and trying to enable capture in
alsamixer crashes the driver(?) (I may be wrong but I believe that it
has stopped working since upgrading to Ubuntu 7.xx and it is still my
current OS). I did not have time to investigate/test further, I put
it off for later but I would be interested in getting it to work
again.

./MiS

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Rob Frohne <frohro@wallawalla.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04, and am having problems with sound
> capture using jackd, and also using fldigi with oss or portaudio. Sound
> output seems to work just fine, and fiddling with the mixer, I can set
> it up so I can monitor the sound input on the output. I just can't get
> it working in jackd or fldigi (and I haven't tried other applications
> yet). I have tried other sound cards and they work just fine, including
> the Indigo IO and the built in sound card.
>
> Any ideas or tips on how to debug this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob
> --
> Rob Frohne <frohro@wallawalla.edu>