Re: [LAU] monitor shot, cables

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 18:55:37 EEST

Mark Knecht wrote:
> ... it's (thankfully)
> getting difficult to even buy an analog monitor anymore. We bought a
> PC a year ago and Fry's was giving away 17" analog monitors for free
> with the purchase. Stupid me I brought the thing home and it sits in
> the garage gather dust unopened.
I'll keep my Trinitron around, maybe for a dual-head system, but I'm
looking forward to getting my Samsung 2253BW later this week. I ordered
it yesterday. :)

Btw, I went to Staples to find a DVI cable. Hoho, they wanted $73.95 for
a Belkin cable ! Needless to say, I did not buy from them, but I did
purchase a $10 Monster cable from the same place I ordered the Samsung
monitor.

Again, my thanks to everyone who pitched in their advice and opinions,
you have all been most helpful. :)

Best,

dp