Re: [LAU] headphones

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 17 2008 - 18:01:29 EEST

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 7:36 AM, schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Jeff Sandys wrote:
>>
>> The Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs are designed for studio monitoring with a very
>> flat response and have been compared favorably against the Sennheisers
>> HD280Pro.
>>

> Mmh ok, interesting. I think 100 euro's is to much for me for the HD280
> Pro... So maybe the Audio-Technica are good for me!??
>
> and what about the cheaper ones of Sennheiser and Audio-Technica?

As someone suggested earlier the best thing to do is go somewhere and
listen to a few sets. Not knowing where you're located I cannot give
suggestions on that, but here in California we have a few places like
Guitar Center where you can usually listen to a few different sets
before buying.

In my mind this is a no-brainer because you NEED to eventually have 3
or 4 sets, they will all sound different and you'll only figure out
which ones *you* really like by listening to a lot of material over
long periods of time. If you see the logic of buying 3 sets over the
next 18 months, then pick any one of them today and go enjoy. I think
for bass practice the 7506's are going to work out great, but they
aren't the perfect set of headphones. Surprise - none will be perfect
even at 500 euros, much less 50, but every one suggested is probably
worth owning over time.

Just my 2 euros, ;-)
Mark