Re: [LAU] headphones

From: Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 01:47:52 EEST

Paul Coccoli wrote:

> I love my Grado SR-60s. I think I paid $65US. Yes, they are on the
> bright side, but I like that.

Well, there you have it. Everyone is different.

> They're not the most comfortable pair
> of headphones, but not too bad.

That is the only other negative comment I hear about Grado. I don't care
too much about that. Yes, they're not like the HD 600, which you can
fall asleep with and sleep through the night with them on (been there,
done that) and in the morning you forget you had them on (until you get
up and start walking and the cord yanks them back).
But it's not like they're going to rip your ears off or crush your head
either. They're fine for me. But some people do complain about the
ergonomics. OTOH, somebody will always complain about something.

I've heard there are some custom earpads for them, but I could never
motivate myself to actually investigate that. And who knows, the custom
pads may change the response and throw them off balance. So why mess
with something that works fine already.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/