Re: [LAU] debian realtime kernel config 2.6.25.8.rt7

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 22 2008 - 11:11:31 EEST

Am Tuesday 22 July 2008 schrieb David Baron:
> Rosegarden is one of the few kde3 apps that will not run under kde4!

Sorry, but I can't confirm this: I have a fresh openSUSE 11.0 install, with
kernel-rt 2.6.25.5 and CONFIG_HZ=1000, and both rosegarden(1.7.1-svn) and
muse(0.9) run happily under KDE 4.0.4, even in parallel and jack transport
synced (if I use the muse transport buttons, rosegarden crashes, but that's
a different issue I didn't care to look at yet). Three modules with rtc in
their name are loaded: rtc_lib, rtc_core and rtc_cmos.

> muse 0.8 will start up without rtc, snd-rtctimer loaded. It will not play midi
> to a midi out device if jack is running but I think this is a problem with
> current jack since qsynth had the same problem.

Can't confirm either: using latest jack svn here (0.112.0), muse plays MIDI
to it's internal softsynths (I tried DeicsOnce) as well as to external
hardware gear (tried Korg Wavestation via the Delta 1010LT MIDI output).