Re: [LAU] Requesting MIDI port and/or audio port of an application

From: Crypto <crypto@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 11 2008 - 15:07:57 EEST

Hi Conrad,

jack_lsp indeed seems to do that job.

BUT:
I have compared the results jack_lsp gives to the results in the MIDI tab of
Qjackctl ("Connections").

I have found that the MIDI connections do not show the name of the application
that created the connection. It means that both in jack_lsp and Qjackctl in
tab "MIDI" they are denoted as "system", whereas I would have thought that
the name of the application that created the port shows up as well. Is there
a trick to get the name of the application as well?

So it seems to me I end up where I was before - still need a way to identify
both application that created the ports and the ports themselves.

Anything else I can do?

Thx and regards,
Lutz.