Re: [LAU] sourcing TI FireWire PCMCIA cards

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 23 2008 - 13:07:17 EEST

Hi,

> It is not a FW interface, but RME HDSP line has full-blown matrix mixer,
> and Multiface supports disconnected operation (never tried it, though).

this would mean I'd buy the PCMCIA interface; I wonder though if my next
machine will still provide a PCMCIA interface? I guess they will die rather
sooner than later.

> Btw, I also thought it is a good and modern idea to mix synths with
> multichannel cards,
> but now came to a conclusion, that good old mixer with several
> subgroups and sends
> is a much more convenient, user-friendly and problem-proof solution.
> And it works without computer as well :)

True. Frankly, my Behringer 28 channel MX 2804 still is a good solution, but
audio quality is poor. I have a lot of problems with hum and stuff. That's
why I want to replace it with something more reliable. Any mixer you would
recommend?

Best regards,

ce