[LAU] New to list

From: kevin kelley <xirin6@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 30 2008 - 17:37:27 EEST

 Hello, My name is Kevin Kelley and I have been working with Unix/Linux for quite some time at work (mainly VoIP and slackware). I joined this list hoping to get some idea of what linux distribution to use for my home studio. I mainly need midi for sequencing and I may do some audio recording and effects and if all goes well I may try some soft synths. I currently have a large collection of vintage synths that I plan to mainly use. The question is for a new Linux audio user what is the easiest Linux distribution to setup and use and what programs work best. Sorry I am sure everyone has their own opinions but in this situation that is what I am looking for. I mainly build every thing from source on slacking as well as rebuild the base kernel per machine for work.

Kevin Kelley
www.keyboardmuseum.org