Re: [LAU] Compiling vamp-sdk and Rubber Band on Ubuntu Studio 64

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 30 2008 - 17:52:27 EEST

Darren Landrum wrote:
> v4hn wrote:
>> You mentioned, that you have to install vamp-sdk manually, so is there a
>> 'vamp-sdk.pc'(or some other .pc-file) you missed? I'd guess the configure of
>> Rubber Band is asking pkg-config for information on vamp-sdk,
>> where pkg-config searches for some .pc-file in /usr/lib/pkgconfig which
>> contains information on vamp-sdk and returns a 'not found' if there is none.
>
> I read through man pkg-config and found the relevant information, edited
> and dropped the vamp.pc and vamp-sdk.pc files into place, and now, even
> though Rubber Band's configure script now worked, it still couldn't
> compile as it couldn't find the vamp libs. I really wish I knew why, and
> why it is I'm having so much more trouble with this single lib then I've
> ever had before with any other.
>
> I'm ready to give up with a story about why mainstream music on the
> Linux desktop will never happen.

afaict, vamp-sdk is only needed to build the vamp-rubberband plugin.
it's not really needed to build librubberband

i remember i've done this when once built librubberband on, aham,
windows: edit and remove anything "vamp" from Makefile.in

oops, Chris Cannam might digress on this suggestion, though :o)

hth

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden