Re: [LAU] Ongoing problem yet unsolved

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 31 2008 - 01:02:20 EEST

David Baron wrote:
> First thought it was a qsynth problem but it his everything, across the board!
>
> I fire up a program, qsynth, qtractor, etc. I simply cannot connect (in
> qjackctl or qtractor's or qsynth's connection pane) to a MIDI output device.
> Repeated tries will eventually crash out.
>
> Qsynth will run OK with jack not running (latency not all that bad, either!).
> Qtractor would not connect, even without jack running, but the first try with
> jack might has locked out further tries.
>
> The MIDI will connect up fine "locally" with no such program running, i.e., I
> can connect the keyboard to an output device and play it.
>
> I have no .asoundrc or conf file. Any help appreciated because I am eager to
> try the new qtractor!

awe. you seem to have a strange problem with (all) my apps and midi
(alsa-seq) stuff i presume?

complete details about your setup might help, specially everything
regarding the kernel, dmesg, modprobe.conf, lsmod output, limits.conf,
root or a regular user, whether you're trying to run any of the jackd
midi backends, anything...

did you try with aconnect?

seeya

--