Re: [LAU] Ardour2- Ranges, Playlists, and Selecting Them

From: Stephen Doonan <stephen.doonan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 03:37:45 EEST

The Other wrote:
> I've just spent over 4 hours googling for Ardour2 tutorials and reading
> through the Ardour2 manual trying to figure out how to cut off the
> beginning and ending silence on a recording.

Let me amend my previous email as follows:

* first, select the track(s) you wish to perform the action on, by
clicking at the left of the track in the area beneath it's title. Use
the SHIFT and CONTROL keys to add or subtract tracks from the selection.

* choose the "Select/Move ranges" tool in the upper left, just right of
the hand-with-pointing-finger tool. (it looks like a double arrow
pointing left and right, with vertical lines at the end of the arrow points)

* in any selected track, click and drag right or left with that tool
(the Select/Move ranges tool) to select a small range within the track,
near the beginning or end, for example.

* right-click within the selected range and from the pop-up menu select
"Extend range to end of region" or "Extend range to beginning of region."

* choose Edit-->Delete, or press the DELETE key on your keyboard.

Another way to select a range: click in the "Range Markers" band above
the tracks, and drag a range. Move the beginning and ending range
markers that then appear in the Range Markers band to where you would
like them. Move your mouse cursor near either the beginning or ending
range marker, so that the marker is highlighted (changes color).
Right-click and choose "Select Range." Then use the SHIFT and CONTROL
keys and click beneath the tracks' titles to add or subtract tracks from
the selection. Then, if you want to delete the range in the selected
tracks, choose Edit-->Delete or press the DELETE key.

This is one way to do it, anyway. :-)
Steve