Re: [LAU] First commercial VSTi for Linux released

From: Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 06 2008 - 16:18:48 EEST

Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 12:54:59PM +0200, Pieter Palmers wrote:
>
>> For the record: AFAIK DBUS is perfectly capable of networked operation.
>
> I've found no reference to that in the DBUS docs. And the interface,
> being designed to allow all sorts of bindings, is horribly bloated.
>
> Does LASH use DBUS in a network-aware way ? Can it launch an app on
> a remote machine ?

Not yet. We have not active developer working on this feature. I'm not
opposed to this feature, still I dont consider it important for current
incarnation. This feature is IMHO for next incarnation, unless someone
with enough motivation to develop it starts working on it before that. I
just consider LASH working at all, at least for single machine setups
more important goal than trying to make it work in all setups. Given the
lack of human resource this is the only sane approach IMHO.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>