Re: [LAU] howto use effects (LADSPA, LV2...)

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 14:46:20 EEST

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> I want to learn to add effects on my tracks in qtracktor or ardour.
> Where can I find information about how to create the best effects?

Check with the two ears on your head. :)

Seriously, you'll have to experiment with various effects to learn 1)
what they do and 2) whether they're really what you want. Some of the
more common effects include reverb, chorus, and EQ. You'll want to learn
about the dynamics effects too (compression, limiting).

It takes a lot of time and effort to learn the details of digital audio
production, and most of that time/effort will go into actually just
*listening* to what the various effects do to your recorded sounds.

You can also analyze some of your favorite music to ascertain what kind
of effects are used there, then try to recreate the same effect on your
recordings.

Best,

dp