Re: [LAU] howto use effects (LADSPA, LV2...)

From: Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 15:21:08 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>
>> I want to learn to add effects on my tracks in qtracktor or ardour.
>> Where can I find information about how to create the best effects?
>>

> Check with the two ears on your head. :)
>
> Seriously, you'll have to experiment with various effects to learn 1)
> what they do and 2) whether they're really what you want. Some of the
> more common effects include reverb, chorus, and EQ. You'll want to learn
> about the dynamics effects too (compression, limiting).
>
> It takes a lot of time and effort to learn the details of digital audio
> production, and most of that time/effort will go into actually just
> *listening* to what the various effects do to your recorded sounds.
>
> You can also analyze some of your favorite music to ascertain what kind
> of effects are used there, then try to recreate the same effect on your
> recordings.

Mmhhh yes ok, I'm gonna listen a lot ;)
Maybe I should take a look at the presets of some jack-racks...

Is it by the way possible to have a track in qtractor (the guitar for
example) and just route that track or channel (not the drums etc) in
jack-rack.... or if this to complicated when you use qsynth or
linuxsampler for the sounds?