[LAU] 2.6.24 or 2.6.26

From: Cassiel <raffaele.morelli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 19 2008 - 11:13:16 EEST

Hi you all,

I am currently having trouble with 2.6.26 release and RT patch, the kernel
compiles and the machine boots but ardour crashes randomly (2.4.1 release)
and system perfomances they doesn't seem as they should (to me at least).
I am currently on AMD64 dual core with ATA hd, running debian lenny with 3GB
ram and I would expect no xruns with:
- 16 tracks mix,

- /usr/bin/jackd -R -P70 -dalsa -r48000 -p256 -n2 -D -Chw:0 -Phw:0 -Xraw

- 10.7ms latency

Using playback mode I can achieve 5.3ms

So I would like to read some feedback from LAU about the best (generally
speaking) kernel release to use for RT tasks.

regards
raffaele

Apologize if this point has been addressed in previous thread(s) but didn't
find any archive search engine.