Re: [LAU] 2.6.24 or 2.6.26

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 20 2008 - 22:12:58 EEST

On Friday 19 September 2008 18:36:48 David Adler wrote:
> Hello Raffaele,
>
> > Apologize if this point has been addressed in previous thread(s) but
> > didn't find any archive search engine.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f13236.html
>

> If using a distribution optimised for realtime and audio (like
> 64studio, Planet CCRMA or Ubuntu Studio) is no option for whatever
> reasons, i'm sorry not to be able to help regarding the other
> question.
>
> At least there are people who seem to have been successful:
> http://www.nabble.com/Finally-build-2.6.26-that-works-to19567778.html#a1956
>7778
This probably a capture of my posting to this list.

While I can boot this kernel and SOMETIMES not have it kill ide1, and also
have the nvidia driver built, I cannot claim to have used it yet. Not saying
definitely no, but just not yet. Previous builds of this kernel have caused
serious disk problems (though no data loss or permanent damage, just a holy
pain in the ...). I cannot let my self run it and try audio work until I can
solve the problems and know it is safe. 2.6.27 might be around first.