[LAU] Aeolus, synthesized pipe organ

From: Stephen Doonan <stephen.doonan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 20 2008 - 08:42:24 EEST

Aeolus is amazing! A totally synthetic pipe organ that sounds extremely
"real" and beautiful, amazingly spacious, complex and full-bodied.

I imported a MIDI file of Bach's Sinfonia to Cantata 29 into Qtractor,
then connected the MIDI output of Qtractor to Aeolus, then played back
the MIDI data while simultaneously recording the audio output of Aeolus
responding to that MIDI data, back into Qtractor. Then I pressed some of
Aeolus's stops while the file was playing and recording. I exported the
audio as an OGG-Vorbis file directly from Qtractor. Here it is (no
post-processing, no normalization, no editing nor effects at all) for
anyone interested:

http://flytrapranch.com/lau/aeolus_bach_sinfonia_cantata29.ogg

What an amazing sound Aeolus has. Thank you so much, Fons (Adriaensen).
It makes me want to buy this (if I had the money)--

3-manual MIDI organ keyboard
http://www.midiworks.ca/products/product_details.asp?productid=1&categoryid=22
(I wonder if the stops just beneath the keys can be easily programmed in
Linux to correspond with stops in Aeolus)

--and this--

MIDI organ pedalboard to standard specifications
http://www.midiworks.ca/products/product_details.asp?productid=25&categoryid=22

Steve

"Life does not give us a reason to live; we do." :-)