Re: [LAU] csDrummer 20080926

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Sat Sep 27 2008 - 02:02:54 EEST

Schlagg wrote:
> 2008/9/26 Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>:
>

>> Could there be a less disturbing way to run it, for those that don't
>> know csound ?
>> Something like
>>
>> csdrummer -o jack
>>
>> ...that would allow me to setup midi and audio connections with qjackctl ?
>>

> It seems that you want to run it in realtime. I'm not sure that it
> will work. Morphing so much samples at the same time is a very greedy
> for CPU process. At least on my PC it doesn't work in realtime. But
> I'll think about an easy way to run it.
>
> For now if you still want to try you may use following command:
> csound -odac -+rtaudio=jack -M<MIDIInput> Drummer.orc

I guess one way round this would be to record a drum session into
rosegarden using a less intensive soft synth like fluidsynth just for
monitoring purposes, then play back and record the session through
csdrummer to render it for the final track? This might be easier to do
if csdrummer had two modes - a lowres mode which used a simpler
algorithm for realtime monitoring, and a hires mode which you could use
for rendering a session recorded in the lowres mode.

andy