Re: [LAU] Standalone mixer.

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 02 2008 - 18:24:12 EEST

Paul Davis:
> On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 16:20 +0400, alex stone wrote:
> > Evening all.
> >
> > I'm searching for a standalone mixer to work with jack, so i can
> > route some bits through it. Any number of channel strips would be
> > ok, but the bigger the better.
>
> ardour with no tracks and N busses?

Now if ardour would provide all incoming sends (to a bus) in one place
(window) to tweak headphone mixes. Ach! Granted, you can do it now but
you have to organize as many windows as the squared number of band
members. Which is not practical and makes the drummer go "Why do I
always have to leave? What's that little rhythm box doing over there?"

Wolfgang