Re: [LAU] hip hop / making beats

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 21:06:30 EEST

Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Are there hip hop musicians who use linux for making music?

Seems I'm the only one;). I haven't released anything of my own music,
though someone else has released something with me on it;), but I'm
now making my own beats with supercollider. I do scheduling in SC,
which I control with MIDI controllers. I also try to synthesize drums
in SC, but moving more towards CLM. I'm not into drum samples, though
I use a great deal since I'm a little wack with making my drum sounds,
for now;). I try to synthesize my drums and I see light in the end of
the tunnel.

I have some two year old code on my web site, if you're interested in
going this route.

http://irc.esben-stien.name/mediawiki/index.php/Sequencing
http://irc.esben-stien.name/mediawiki/index.php/Common_Hallway_Hip-Hop_Music

I'm a child of wu-tang, so you know what direction I'm going in. I
also rap.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m