Re: [LAU] dssi/linuxsampler etc support in Qtractor?

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 15 2008 - 11:22:04 EEST

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>>> My suggestion about the filebrowser made me think about another
>>> feature which would makes this app more easy to use for beginning
>>> home studio recording musicians....
>>>
>>> Easy access to instruments like fluidsynth/ whysynth using dssi
>>> etc. and maybe the (experimental) plugin for Linuxsampler?
>>>
>> (dssi) instrument access is already supported to some extent in
>> qtractor. after you insert a dssi plugin into a midi track you get
>> access to its instruments (aka midi programs) in the track properties
>> dialog.
>>
>> try and tell me whether you have something else better in mind :)
>>

> Uh....maybe somthing like Rosegarden has it?

and what do you think is wrong with qtractor's?

under qtractor, dssi plugins are treated as any other plugin (ladspa,
vst). however as an instrument plugin (dssi, vsti) it only makes sense
when inserted in a midi track, of course.

additionally, you can chain the instrument audio audio output through
other fx plugins in-place. that's why you get to insert audio plugins
(ladspa, vst) in a midi track. ah, you can even have multiple instrument
plugins in a midi track, but remember that only the last active one will
have an audible audio output ;)

as said, you can select the midi program/instrument while in the track
properties dialog where you can choose which to assign from a drop-down
list. this is provided even without you firing up the plugins gui, which
will work as well btw :)

maybe i'm missing your point, you tell me

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden