Re: [LAU] ambdec feature request

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 15 2008 - 10:49:57 EEST

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:01:18AM -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:

> A small request to Fond for ambdec: would it be possible to save the
> main volume setting together with the configuration file? I would like
> to start ambdec from a script without having to set the volume
> manually each time.

It is absolutely intentional if Ambdec doesn't do this, and
a safety feature. When driving 24 high-power speakers you
don't want any very loud surprises...

Also the configuration files are meant to store a decoder
definition for a given speaker layout, not the complete state
of any particular program. These are quite separate things,
even if the only difference in this case (ignoring transient
things such as solo buttons) is just the volume control.

Would having a command line option to set the initial
volume solve your practical problem ?

Ciao,

--
FA