[LAU] Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 help?

From: Rick Green <rtg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 18:12:56 EEST

About two weeks ago, I purchased the above-mentioned firewire interface,
based on it's 'supported' status on the ffado website, and positive
experiences reported on this list.
   I've been able to access it from windows XP using the saffire control
app, and have made recordings using Reaper in that environment.

However, my attempts to get it running under Linux have gotten essentially
nowhere. Based on HOWTO's I found on the Ubuntu forum and the FFADO wiki,
I have compiled locally the latest beta6 of ffado, and the latest svn
checkout of jackd. After resolving some permission problems, I have
gotten the driver to load, but even with no DAW yet started, jackd is
reporting xruns, and after the fourth 'xrun callback' message, jackd
stops.

   Is there someone here willing to work with me to get this up and
running? The host system is an AMD64 laptop running Ubuntustudio 8.04

--
Rick Green
                                   -Benjamin Franklin