Re: [LAU] Simple, easy multithreaded circular buffer library for Linux?

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 18:31:44 EEST

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:

>> -------------------
>> Machine 4: SunOs 5.8 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 Solaris
>> :-)
>>
>> The jack test compiled fine.
>>
>> Portaudio version:
>> "portaudio/pa_ringbuffer.c", line 121: #error: Memory barriers are not
>> defined on this system. You can still compile by defining
>> ALLOW_SMP_DANGERS, but SMP s
>>
>> Also:
>> $ ./test-int-array-jack
>> starting ringbuffer stress test (2 minutes max)
>> Segmentation Fault
>
> Ok, Try this:
> make test-int-array-jack
> make test-int-array-portaudio-nobarrier
> ./test-int-array-jack 512
> ./test-int-array-portaudio-nobarrier 512

Looks like pthreads aren't working properly:

"
  ./test-int-array-jack 512
starting ringbuffer stress test (2 minutes max)
buffer size (bytes): 512
array size (bytes): 256
reader started on cpu 14631
"

The writer is never started. Or perhaps
printf is not working, but probably not, since
it's been like that for several minutes.

Same with
./test-int-array-portaudio-nobarrier 512

Also note that the programs were compiled with Sun's C compiler, not gcc,
since gcc doesn't seem to be installed on the machine.

I'm no Sun expert, so I don't know what may cause this.