Re: [LAU] What was your first computer

From: John Daly <jdaly@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 18:18:12 EET

>For no reason beyond boredom I decided to pester this list with an OT
>topic or two. So, without further delay:
>
>What was your first computer ?
Aside from the IBM 360 at work during the 60's, my first personal computer was a Radio Shack TRS-80 Model III. Two floppys, 16K memory, which I upgraded to an insane 32K (or was it 64K?). That and a Daisy Wheel Printer cost me $3,000 in 1980.

>And for extra points:
>
>What was the first music/sound software you used that really hooked you
>into this making-music-with-computers fad ?
An Orchestra 90. It may not have been all that great, but I remember being incredibly impressed with it at the time.

John