Re: [LAU] [OT] first computer ?

From: Sean Bolton <musound@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 02 2008 - 01:02:37 EET

On Oct 31, 2008, at 7:47 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:
> What was your first computer ?

Only one other Apple II so far? I'm surprised. Mine
was an Apple II+, with a MIDI interface hooked to my
Yamaha KX88 and TX7.

> What was the first music/sound software you used that really hooked
> you
> into this making-music-with-computers fad ?

As far as making music with computers: I made more
music using Dr. T's Keyboard Controlled Sequencer
(KCS) on that Apple, than I have on all the subsequent
sequencers I've used combined. I still miss KCS....

What really got me hooked, though, was writing my
own music software. I wrote drivers in GraForth
for the MIDI interface. Pretty soon I'd written a
DX7 patch editor, and some weird algorithmic
composition software, and it's all been downhill
since.

-Sean