Re: [LAU] Recording Equipment

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 16:44:37 EET

Am Mittwoch, 5. November 2008 schrieben Sie:
> Arnold Krille wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 4. November 2008 schrieb Patrick Shirkey:
> >> Sean Darby wrote:
> >> Yes and no. If you want to have good mic quality and control you should
> >> go through a mixing desk first.
> > That _really_ depends on the mixer. Especially when you want to start
> > rather cheap it is better to connect the mics directly to the 1010.
> > Because probably all the mixers you have in mind to buy for little money
> > have worse Pre-Amps then the 1010...
> It's a good point. I haven't heard of anyone who connects a mic directly
> to their sound card. Maybe someone else has experience with this method
> and can offer advice?

I have it done it several times! Both for recording (anything from 1 to 8
channels simultan) and live-foh-mixing. Mics directly (in the foh-case via
multicore:) plugged into the inputs of my presonus firepod. Worked like charm
except that you move the mouse quite a lot. Thats why I bought a
midi-keyboard with faders...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/