Re: [LAU] Call for Hip Hop tracks

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 13 2008 - 10:13:09 EET

Ken Restivo wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 01:54:52PM +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the course of going through the tracks for my mix of the best of 2008
>> I have seperated out several types/genres of music.
>>
>> The one that is almost completely missing is real Hiphop. I'm definitely
>> including the Audiobraille session with RadioActive but there are no
>> productions that I can find.
>>
>> Is there no one who has released a Hiphop track this year?
>>

> The user "CharlieHipHop" (is he on this list?) has many releases on the http://lam.fugal.net site, which were apparently all made with Linux. I recall hearing some other hiphop-styled tracks on lam.fugal.net too.

I did download his tracks from this year but the only one that stuck was
"money".

If there are more that I don't know about then please let me know.

Also I'm surprised Ringhiems Auto hasn't given me a buzz. I did look on
the site but everything seemed to be a couple of years old.

This mix is only tracks that have been released or worked on this year
so I can't include the older stuff even if it is good enough.

- It's kind of funny that you are featured in a lot of the tracks that
made the cut. I don't have a problem with that because there are many
different flavas represented. I think you definitely get the award for
most active producer...

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey