Re: [LAU] Call for Hip Hop tracks

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 13 2008 - 11:14:59 EET

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 01:54:52PM +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the course of going through the tracks for my mix of the best of 2008
> I have seperated out several types/genres of music.
>
> The one that is almost completely missing is real Hiphop. I'm definitely
> including the Audiobraille session with RadioActive but there are no
> productions that I can find.
>
> Is there no one who has released a Hiphop track this year?
>
> Btw, it appears that Ken Restivo has released 42 tracks this past year.
> Well done!!!! That's more than enough for an album. It's been hard to
> choose which one/s to include in the mix and I might be unable to listen
> to syncopated beats again for the next 6 months after yesterdays
> listening marathon :-)

Oops, I'd forgotten about all the hip-hop stuff that AudioBraille had done with MC Fossil Fool, the Bike Rapper:

http://www.audiobraillemusic.com/music/afterparty.mp3
http://www.audiobraillemusic.com/music/missthang.mp3

Lots here too:
http://www.archive.org/download/AudioBrailleLive-2008-05-12/ivywithpaul.ogg

Linux being used to back up the Fossil Fool at the Maker Faire (last section of the video, you can catch a glimpse of the penguin laptop):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWMKCONyKnU

So there were two rappers we worked with this year, Radioactive and Fossil Fool.

-ken