Re: [LAU] random system lockups, memtest clean, no idea... Magic sysrq?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 07:42:01 EET

Loki Davison wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 3:58 PM, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Loki Davison wrote:
>>
>>> I've tried 2 different graphics card with the same results. Haven't
>>> tried running in console mode though. Is there a good test for systems
>>> stability to run? burncpu seems ancient. Prime tester thingy? This is
>>> on a quad core if that makes any difference. I haven't noticed
>>> anything in /var/log/messages.
>> Possible intermittent problem with the mobo slot the graphics card is
>> going into?
>
> mmm... so a mobo problem... that would be annoying. Does that actually happen?

Yes. I have one motherboard here that has both PCI and AGP slots. It
worked fine with AGP (running Windows) for a long while. Then the AGP
socket started developing intermittent connection problems that
progressively got worse until the AGP slot quit working entirely. In the
meantime, PCI video cards work just fine.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden