Re: [LAU] ardour sessions

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 19:54:48 EET

> Wow, that looks like an great demo and article!
> Can't you or somebody else translate it to English?

Thanks :)

Well it's almost a year now since i've written it, and shortly after that a
new editing model was implemented in Ardour. So it's already out of date
again, at least parts of it. I've put quite some hours of work into it, and
then they decided to strip it down to a bare minimum in the printed edition.
So, to make the demo accessible we put it into this wiki page, and the weblink
to it was printed in the magazine. I'm not sure about the copyright situation
either, IIRC the contract had a clause forbidding me to make further use of
that material, which seems a bit ridiculous but oh well... I never signed the
contract :) and my work still got accepted and printed.

Anyway, I have already put too much work into it compared to the money I got
paid, for me this is a piece of finished work and I certainly won't translate
it, or keep it up to date, but if anyone else wants to volunteer I'm fine with
that... but keep in mind, given the legal uncertainty that work may turn out to
be just in vain.

Edgar