Re: [LAU] 8 channel mixer/equalizer implementation suggestions needed

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Nov 23 2008 - 03:08:09 EET

Hi!
   I'm no expert on this, but here's a bit of brick-or-brack I've worked with.
   You could use Fons Adriaensons filters.so as an EQ. It's a parametric EQ
with four bands in a LADSPA-plugin. Worked quite well for me.
   Ecasound has a simple bypass-switch, which works in realtime. So I can
decide to use or to bypass all effects placed in a "chain".
   You could use JACKD and somekind of audio-application to do versatile
routing. Of course the simple routing can be done with jack_connect and
jack_disconnect alone. But you need the LADSPA-host in between. I'd suggest
ecasound, because it's commandline only, but it has a lot of stuff built-in,
more than you'll need. But I suppose, if you want to write an ap for yourself,
you could do a LADSPA-host with a hardcoded max-input and max-output number.
the routing might be done using some jack_connect code on the outside or
inside your app.
   About the soundcards and JACK: Best way would be to have one soundcard.
Second best, I GUESS, would be to have two, but only one JACK and sync the
cards via wordclock. You could use ALSA to build a virtual device, at least
I've heard of it being done.
   I hope generic and inprecise as it is, it might help.
   Kindest regards
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net