Re: [LAU] random system lockups, memtest clean, no idea... Magic sysrq?

From: R.Wolff <musicwolf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 23 2008 - 08:13:55 EET

Loki Davison schrieb:

> ahh no idea. Do bios updates happen often? I never even thought of it.
> I guess i'll check. The board is Asus p5b, with a Q6600 quad core, a
> nvidia 9600GT and an echo gina3g. I guess i'll have a look for other
> reports about the board then too. I'd assumed it had to be something
> to do with RAM or HD.
>
> Loki

Have you checked for a faulty or _underpowered_ PSU?
I've seen many problems arising because of these sort of things, which
would lead to system lockups under Windows AND Linux (although linux seems to be
less
prone to some hardware failures, as I had a PC once which wouldn't boot
anymore under Win, but still worked around 6 months with a light *nix distro).

Cheers and good luck,

Raphael ;)