[LAU] Quantise a MIDI track using a second track as a template?

From: shane richards <shanerich@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 00:48:01 EET

 I want to lock in my terrible keyboard bass playing with drums.
I also want to get the drum groove locked in to a real drummer's
timing.

I know on other platforms they have a thing called "MIDI
Groove Templates", which are basically MIDI tracks where
the rhythm data from one track is used as a quantisation
base for another track.

1) Could the MIDI->MIDI quantisation perhaps be done via a
mididings script?

2) To get the initial timing info, I want to take an audio track,
- maybe some nice Steve Gadd or Vinnie Colaiuta drumming -
and extract the rhythm to a midi file for the timing info.
Would perhaps WAON be suitable for this?

I'll probably answer these myself, but some group input/creativity
would be welcome.

- shane

SavedURI :Hide URLhttp://adsfree01.mail.com/scripts/mail/compose.mail?reply=1&msg_uid=1227563680&mnext=1227563682&pbox=0&folder=INBOX&order=Newest&mstart=1&mview=a