Re: [LAU] more machine issues

From: <garry.ogle@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 23:41:23 EET

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> As I get further into the configuration of my new machine I've hit
some minor snags. Perhaps someone here knows how to resolve these issues:

> 1) The machine does not cleanly shut down with the rt kernel. The
system appears to go down, but the power light remains on and does not
turn off manually (this happens with the battery in or out). Any fix for
that ? I don't like having to switch off the power at the strip, I doubt
that it's good for the box.

i can't help with your other questions but this could a consequence of
having the "acpi=off" and/or "noapic" set in your kernel bootloader
config.

i don't remember which one disables the auto-power-off, but this is
definitely the observed behaviour on my box. i have to physically switch
it off after it shuts down.

i set these boot options because they help with the way IRQs are
allocated, which in turn allows better real-time performance.

all the best, G.