Re: [LAU] Synchronizing 2 computer with MIDI

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 28 2008 - 14:36:33 EET

Am Freitag 28 November 2008 schrieb Mysth-R:
> > I don't know really... as I said, I didn't need to sync anything external
> > during the last few years so I didn't care to look for that feature.
> >
> > But I do know that MIDI clock send and receive has been implemented in
> > ardour3
> > svn recently. I don't have the time to search which other apps might
> > support
> > it, sorry... as always, google is your friend :)
> >
> Ok thank you for your help. But using Ardour just to syncrhonize Two
> computers using seq24, is just like killing a mosquito with an atomik bomb !
> I would just need an software where I could choose slave or master,
> adjusting the tempo (in the case of master) and send/recevive midi beat
> clock and Jack transport.
> If any kind developper listen to me .... ;-D
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mysth-R

Hm, I just found this, looks like it should do what you want (it claims to be
able to act as MIDI clock master or slave):

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KMidiTracker?content=11141

ah, the DL link there doesn't work, but i found the tar.bz2 here:

http://www.sourcefiles.org/Multimedia/MIDI/Sequencers/kmiditracker-0.5.13.tar.bz2

good luck,

Edgar