Re: [LAU] korg + timidity + rosegarden via jack

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 30 2008 - 18:54:31 EET

robert lazarski wrote:
> > There is some bug in vmpk triggered when Rosegarden connects and
> > disconnects its ports, that renders vmpk input unusable. Please fill a
> > bug report in vmpk tracker, so I will keep you informed when it is fixed.
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=1100307&group_id=236429
> >
> > Meanwhile, here is temporal recipe.
>
> I got that to work, thanks! Here's the bug report:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2364787&group_id=2
>36429&atid=1100307

Thanks! Fixed now. Available a new release 0.2.3

ChangeLog

2008-11-30 0.2.3
    * fix for bug #2364787 Rosegarden renders vmpk input unusable
    * optimization for Linux: do not create an ALSA queue

I've uploaded new source and openSUSE RPM packages.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vmpk/vmpk-0.2.3.tar.bz2
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vmpk/vmpk-0.2.3.tar.gz
http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=ALL&p=1&q=vmpk

> Displaying more than one pianola channel and having all 88 keys fit in
> one screen would be nice, but vpmk looks promising and I'm going to
> try working with it and see how I can get,

Menu: Edit->Preferences. Set "Number of octaves" to 8 and also "Base octave"
to 2 or less. With so many keys in the screen the size of the keyboard shall
decrease accordingly. About the other question: you can run more than one
instance of the program at a time, but I think it is not very comfortable.
Maybe you want to open some feature requests at SourceForge? ;-)

BTW: everybody is welcome to contribute with feedback, bug reports, feature
requests, code, patches, ohloh stack entries, comments...

Regards,
Pedro