Re: [LAU] Data CD [???] containing WMA files?

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 25 2008 - 16:24:55 EET

On 25 December 2008 at 1:05, "Benny Bergeron" <bennybergeron8@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hey Kevin,
> Merry Xmas !

Thanks! Same to you. Man, oh man, do kids ever get up early to look
in their stockings. Zzzz.

> What kind of sound editor software do you have?

wma2ogg.pl works pretty well. This also works well:

    mplayer -vc null -vo null \
        -ao pcm:waveheader:fast:file=foo.wav foo.wma

> You can grab the songs with your sound editor soft and convert them to the
> format of your choice !

Just like above.

> Or... You can open, listen to that CD or rip it to your hard drive with win
> amp for linux.

Amarok also plays them natively, which is fine for me.

Cheers....

--
Kevin