Re: [LAU] jackd process can't be killed

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Wed Dec 31 2008 - 11:25:56 EET

R Dicaire wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Adam Sampson <ats@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>> This looks like the 2.6.26 MIDI sequencer problem -- MIDI doesn't work,
>> and after jackd has opened the sequencer device for the first time,
>> it'll hang trying to close it. Future attempts to open the sequencer
>> device then fail because it's in use.
>>

> Ahhhhhhhh, I was never aware there was a midi issue...jackd could be
> killed when I didn't use -X, excellent.
> Thank you VERY much.
>
> Now here's another situation. I've built alsa and jack. I installed
> them into custom locations. In my users .asoundrc
> I have a pcm device that calls the jack plugin. How would I get calls
> to this plugin to use my custom built
> /usr/local/alsa/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_jack.so instead of
> the system one in /usr/lib/alsa-lib ?

Is this a way of allowing alsa apps to talk to jack? If so I would like
to have a go at setting it up but don't know where to start. Do I need
to compile my own libasound2, or the alsa kernel modules? (I've checked
and /usr/lib/alsa-lib doesn't include this plugin.) I'm running linux
mint, which is based on Ubuntu. I've googled for a definitive guide but
can't find one.

andy